Armed Services Advice Project
Who this service is for
The Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP) supports people who are:
- serving in the Armed Forces – Regular or Reserve – and their dependants
- ex-Service personnel – Regular or Reserve, including the Territorial Army – and their dependants
- members of the Merchant Navy who served in a commercial vessel in support of legally defined UK military operations, and their dependants.
Things we can help you with
Our trained, specialist advisers provide information, advice and ongoing casework support. We work with a wide range of organisations within and beyond the Armed Forces Community to put together the right support package for you and your family.
- Benefits – working out your entitlements, supporting applications and appealing unfair decisions
- Debt and money advice – budgeting, maximising your income, managing any debts you have and improving your financial position
- Housing – whether you rent your home, own it or are homeless
- Work-related problems – issues related to terms and conditions, sickness absence,intimidation and harrassment, redundancy and dismissal
- Consumer issues – from broken kettles to problems with utility companies
- Relationships – family matters including separation and divorce, bereavement and your children
- Service-related matters, including referrals to other organisations who can help you.
How to contact us
If you would like advice from ASAP, here’s how you can reach us:
- call 0808 800 1007 to speak to a specialist adviser. Lines are open from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday
Information you should have to hand
So we can start helping you as quickly as possible, it’s useful for you to have some information readily available. Find out more about the kinds of information we might need here.