Help to Claim
Who is this service for?
The Help to Claim service offers tailored and practical support to help make a Universal Credit claim and to ensure that payments are received on time and in full. Anyone who needs support to make a new Universal Credit claim or is moving from a legacy benefit to Universal Credit following a change in circumstances can access Help to Claim.
Things we can help you with
Our trained advisers can help with the following:
- Assisting in setting up a Universal Credit account including setting up a personal email account and/or bank account if needed.
- Helping you through the online verification process
- Supporting you to prepare for your first appointment with a JobCentre Work Coach
- Assisting you in applying for any additional support such as short-term advances and the Scottish Welfare Fund.
- Helping you understand your payments and how you should prepare.
How to contact us:
Advice can be provide over the phone via a National Helpline. This can be contacted on 0800 023 2581 and is open 08:00 – 18:00, Monday to Friday. Assistance can also be received online and via webchat.
For local assistance please contact 0345 1400 095 for an appointment or visit one of our frontline offices.