V is for VeteransDate published: 22nd February 2021
eterans (and serving members of the Armed Forces)
The Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP) provides free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support to members of the Armed Forces community in Scotland.
You can get specialist advice about issues like housing, benefits and debt from ASAP if you are:
- serving in the Armed Forces, Regular or Reserve
- ex–service, Regular or Reserve
- a member of the Merchant Navy who served in a commercial vessel in support of legally defined UK military operations
- a family member (dependant)
The service is provided by the Scottish Citizens Advice Bureau Service, and the funding group is led by Poppyscotland. We work closely with many organisations, both Service related and others, to provide support to the people who contact us.
See some examples of how the ASAP service can help.
How to get in touch
If you want to find out more it is easy to get in touch:
- To talk to one of our trained advisers, call us free on 0808 800 1007. Lines are open from 9am until 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- If you would like an appointment with our local specialist adviser call Citizens Advice and Rights Fife on 0345 1400 095 or Text Service for the Deaf Community 0787 2677 904. Lines open 8.30 am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- Ask us to call you - use the Get Advice from ASAP form to send us your contact details, and a trained adviser will phone you.
Further information can be found on the Armed Services Advice Project website.