IT Support Volunteer
Position type: IT Support VolunteerLocation: Throughout Fife
CARF is highly dependant on its IT systems. The CARF IT service covers a full range of IT systems and services and is spread throughout Fife.
If you have the necessary skills and experience you'll find volunteering in this role to be interesting and varied as well as challenging but rewarding.
What does an IT volunteer do in CARF?
The IT service in CARF is essential to ensuring we can help as many people as possible by providing our advisers with access to the services and systems they need to effectively help clients. You will be integral in ensuring that those who need help can get it.
The sort of things you could find yourself doing include:
- Resolving day to day issues with PCs, laptops and other client devices
- Deploying new systems
- Carrying out hardware and software upgrades
- Responding to alerts about issues such as virus problems
- Provide help in using applications
- Maintaining backend systems
No qualifications needed
You don't need any formal qualifications. However, because of the nature of the work we ask that you have proven experience in providing support. You should also:
- Have accurate keyboard and written skills
- Be good at dealing with people
- Like helping others
- Be happy to use your own initiative
- Be able to commit to two days a week
You should know
You'll be based in our HQ office in Glenrothes. The role will require that you can respond to issues at any of our locations throughout Fife. As such you will need to have your own reliable transport, but we do provide expenses. Also, because of the nature of the work, you will need to be physically fit.
Apply to be an IT Volunteer
If you're ready to do the next step and find out more, fill in our online form, selecting Volunteer as the reason for contacting, and we’ll be in touch.