When you buy goods or services the law gives you consumer rights that protect you from being treated unfairly by a trader.

Consumer advice covers all sorts of areas of daily life, including the following:

  • cars and other vehicles
  • building and home improvements
  • phone, internet and computer services
  • travel, leisure and food
  • energy, water and sewerage
  • post
  • financial and professional services

You may have received poor service or you may want to switch utility suppliers or cancel a contract.

CARF can help you understand and exercise your rights.

Get consumer advice from CARF

Here are the different ways we can help you with consumer advice and information:

  1. You can find self help information by clicking one of the boxes on the right.
  2. Give us a call – For consumer advice, make your first phone call the Citizens Advice Consumer Service, delivered by Scotland’s CAB Service, on 03454 04 05 06. Of course, you can always call the CARF team, to get access to information, advice and assistance by phone
  3. Come into an office – if you need to speak to someone in person, come to one of our many offices or outreach drop-in advice sessions. A follow up appointment may be required depending on your enquiry but these can be arranged quickly and easily. Don’t forget to bring along any information that might help us assist you.