Debt and Money
CARF can provide you with advice and information about:
- maximising your income – making sure you’re getting all the money you are entitled to
- minimising your expenditure – helping you keep outgoings low
- opening a bank account – especially if you’ve had credit problems
- payday loans – these can be easy to get but much harder to pay back
- dealing with your creditors
- all the debt management options available to you (this will depend on your circumstances)
- applying to the Debt Arrangement Scheme (where this is appropriate for you)
- completing a bankruptcy form (where this is appropriate for you)
- threatened evictions and/or repossessions due to debt
- making referrals to other agencies for further assistance.
Here are the different ways we can help you with employment advice and information:
- You can find self help information by clicking one of the boxes on the right.
- Give us a call – our advice lines give you access to information, advice and assistance by phone, with a range of dedicated numbers to put you in touch with our specialist services as needed.
- Come into an office – if you need to speak to someone in person, come to one of our many offices or outreach drop-in advice sessions. A follow up appointment may be required depending on your enquiry but these can be arranged quickly and easily. Don’t forget to bring along any information that might help us assist you.